You've probably even confiscated a few and had a sneaky play by yourself when you thought there was nobody watching.
Well, they have become a huge phenomenon all over the world and your students may like to know that it's not just them annoying the bejaysus out of everyone over the age of 25.
Your students love them, so why not harness their enthusiasm by engaging them in some French?
Here are some links to share with your French classes:
- From le parisien: le hand spinner,la nouvelle star de la récré
- From Huffington Post
- From pix-geeks: connaissez-vous le hand spinner ?
- From sudouest.fr: Qu'est-ce que le hand spinner ?
- From the official website! handspinner.com: l'objet le plus inutile du monde !
- Even FNAC is getting in on it, claiming it is based on a Tibetan meditation technique!
- Clubic.com even has a guide achat
There you go there's got to be something there your students will like and which will drive you into an early grave....
How about using these links for some translation, a reading comprehension, or a vocab finding exercise?
Personally, I don't have a problem with them.