Sunday 14 September 2014

Le sac des filles - revisited

I love the blog, Le sac des filles.

It's a webpage which posts photos of the contents of girls' bags (and boys' pockets) and lists the items in French.

I have blogged about this before here.

One reason I like it is because it is constantly updated. Unlike most resources the mobile phones, and other gadgets, are the current models.

Le sac des filles provides a cultural, as well as a linguistic, insight into the lives of young French people.

For example, most of the bags contain a cigarette lighter. 

This week I'm teaching personal characteristics to my Year 10 (14-15 year old) students and thought that this would be a great way to get students to describe someone's personality by looking at the contents of their bag and or pockets.


Using this page will also provide students with the opportunity to learn some vocabulary which the average text book probably won't contain.



No comments: