Sunday 31 August 2014

Harry - another French Game show

As you probably know I get bored easily.

I also have an unhealthy obsession with trying to include activities based on different game show formats into my lessons.

You can find my previous game show idea posts here, here, here, here and here.

This week I discovered a French game show, Harry, on France3 which could be used in the classroom to help improve spelling, reading and speaking.

The game is this: contestants have to reconstruct French words which have been split up into syllables and find the correct words as fast as they can to win points. 


Here is the trailer: 

Here are some fruit ones I've made up:

NE   NA   BA

AN   AS   AN

PLE   MOU   PAM   SSE 

IN   IS   RA  

If your students are aware of phonics, breaking up words like this will definitely help with their pronunciation.

You can even sign up to play the game online here.



5 comments:

Alex Bellars said...

Love this! And I *definitely* think Richard Ayoade should present a version on British TV... ;)

Unknown said...

Brilliant! Love it! And I need to watch the original TV show as well!

The German Family said...

Fabulous! Could even ask students to create some to challenge peers.

Dom said...

Thanks for the comments Alex, Mary and German family. What a great idea. I can think of some students who would love to do that :-)

Dom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.